Sat, Mar 04|
Virtual: Drawing Magnolias
Celebrate the beauty of the spring by drawing magnolias with artist Dorota Haber-Lehigh!
Time & Location
Mar 04, 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
About the event
This is a virtual program. A Zoom link and a supply list will be provided within 24-48 hours of ticket purchase. Registration will close on Friday, March 3rd, to ensure the Zoom link will be sent in a timely manner. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Celebrate the beauty of the spring by drawing magnolias. In this workshop we will use a variety of colored pencils techniques and approaches to drawing and sketching from observation and focus on depicting magnolia petals, buds or branches. The workshop will include a presentation of Dorota’s botanical drawings of magnolias, demonstration of how to approach drawing from observation and various colored pencils techniques and a time to draw together. You are welcome to work in a loose, "precise" or any other style you prefer. You may work in your sketchbook or other recommended surfaces. Although drawing in realistic form will be the focus, individual styles will be encouraged and celebrated. All levels welcome.
Live plants are preferred over working from photographs. Suitable subject will be small magnolia buds or branches, or even a few petals. If you are going to use photographs please use personal photographs or photographs that are copy right free from websites such as pixabay or other sites.
• Sketchbook of your choice such as Strathmore Drawing 400 series
• Pencil (either H or F) and pencil sharpener.
• Kneaded eraser (Prismacolor)
• Tombow Mono Zero eraser (optional)
• Tracing paper
• Colored pencils set (Recommended: Artist quality colored pencils, some of the brands are Faber Castell Polychromos, Pablo by Caran d’Ache, Derwent Colorsouft, Prismacolor Premier, or Luminance by Caran d’Ache)
• Drawing paper of your choice such as Stonehenge Hot press Watercolor paper 140 lbs.,
• For brown surfaces, recommended: Strathmore 400 Mixed Media Toned tan pad