Teacher's resources, circulating children's collection, online resource lists and more help you bring education about the natural world to life
Using the Library
The library welcomes all visitors.
• Access and use of the library’s computers, collections, and services is intended for persons engaged in horticultural and/or botanical study.
• The library is open to the public; you do not need to make an appointment. However, if you would like to conduct in-depth research it is suggested that you email the library before your visit so that we can help you find resources.
• For the courtesy of other library users and staff, quiet is generally expected. Visitors may engage in quiet conversation so long as other users are not disturbed.
• The children’s books and parent/teacher resources are the Library's only circulating collections and can be checked out by Garden members and pre-K-12 teachers at San Francisco schools. Visitors can use non-circulating materials in our reading room.
• No food or drink is allowed in the Library, with the exception of beverages in leak-proof containers.
• Large bags (including backpacks and briefcases) must be placed in the container in the reception area.
• Personal computer use is welcome; there is WiFi available for use in our reading room.
• If you would like to consult materials from our special collections, please make an appointment beforehand.
• Please do not reshelve materials, but leave them on the tables or book cart.